"OEM" or Original Equipment Manufacturer are parts that the stove manufacturer makes themselves or outsources from other suppliers for their specific stove models. When you order replacement parts for your pellet stove directly from a manufacturer or it’s retailers you can be certain that these parts will be “OEM”.
"AMP" is an acronym that stands for After Market Parts. This is equipment that is sourced out directly which cuts out the stove manufacturers hefty markup. AMP equipment works exactly the same as its OEM counterpart, especially when you’re looking at blowers, igniters, fire backs, switches, gaskets and controls, as quite often, they are made by the same exact manufacturer that supplied the OEM parts as you will see with many “Fasco” blowers and “Gleason Avery” auger motors.
Here at Stove Parts 4 Less we like to offer you the choice of the OEM and the AMP version of products whenever possible to save you money. In some cases we like to offer multiple versions of the AMP part where they are made by the same manufacturer as the original or an alternative version at an even lower price. Click here for more on Explaining the difference between OEM and AMP parts for your pellet stove.
About Vermont Castings Products
What sets Vermont Castings apart from others on the market is their fine attention to the details, meticulous cast iron craftsmanship, and thorough testing to ensure each and every fireplace, stove or grill meets the highest standards.
Being environmentally-conscious is one of the core principles of this company. Did you know that their cast iron products are made from 100 percent recycled materials? Their foundry is all run on eco-friendly, and renewable energy (hydro and nuclear power), and all materials used during the manufacturing process such as sand and clay are sourced from sustainable methods.
The end product you receive is one of pride of craftsmanship and designed to be as energy-efficient as possible, making it easier on the environment and your monthly utility bills. Vermont Castings stoves and fireplaces not only meet EPA standards for emissions, they exceed them.
Types of Vermont Castings Parts We Sell
Browse through our large inventory of Vermont Castings products such as:
- Vermont Castings blower
- Vermont Castings ignitor
- Vermont Castings thermocouple
- Replacement Fireplace blower
- Electrode igniter
- Pilot assembly and 3-way pilot assembly
- Gas valves
Vermont Castings Technology
Their Flexburn™ Technology is available in both their catalytic and non-catalytic models of stoves and fireplaces. This unique technology creates heat three times through a multi-stage burn system. This means you’ll benefit from longer burn times and emit fewer particulates to lessen your environmental footprint.
What’s the Difference Between a Catalytic and Non-Catalytic System?
Vermont Castings manufactures both catalytic and non-catalytic heating systems. Here are the main differences between these two types of systems.
Catalytic Heating System:
- Intended to replace or be the primary heat source within a home.
- Require regular maintenance and cleaning to ensure it runs smoothly and lasts for years to come.
- The catalyst component needs to be replaced every five years.
- Uses wood, a natural and renewable source of fuel.
- The use of natural firewood as fuel results in cleaner burning and lowers the overall costs needed to heat your home through fossil fuels.
- Produces a consistent burning fire and has thermostatic air control.
Non-Catalytic Heating System:
- Intended to supplement existing heating, or to heat a single room or area of the home.
- Lower cost.
- Lower maintenance as there is little cleaning required and no catalytic combustor to replace.
- Simple to use.
- Adds character and warmth to any room with lively flames. Whether you choose to have a catalytic or non-catalytic heating system depends on your home heating needs.
For help selecting the right Vermont Castings parts, please call our knowledgeable sales team at 1-508-392-9831.
- 1220 Rte 28A
Wood & Pellet Stove Parts For Less was started over 10 years ago with a simple mission; Provide second-to-none replacement parts for a fraction of the competitions price. Over a decade later our friendly and knowledgeable team are still here doing just that!