Replacement Harman Black Exhaust Sensing Probe (ESP) for select pellet stoves.
A 3 blink error code means that the control board has not detected the ESP (Exhaust Sensing Probe) at startup or that it lost communication with it while the unit was running.
- Verify that the ESP probe is clean by removing it and looking at it, clean if necessary. It should be a silver-colored metal.
- If you replace it, make sure you replace it with the proper one for your unit. There are two versions; a probe with black wires and a probe with red wires, replace accordingly.
- If the probe itself looks “bent” it’s probably broken.
- Before replacing the probe verify that the probe itself is actually plugged into the controller and the contacts on the controller are “clean”
- On the front side of each controller, there is a red rectangle box with a series of 8 micro-switches called DIP switches. The controller must be removed from the unit to access them. DIP switches allow multiple stoves to use the same controller but run different programs according to the stove’s required functions. The #5 DIP switch must be set to “OFF’ or down for ESP probes with black wires and set to “ON” for DIP switches with red wires. 3 blink error codes can be caused by installing the improper colored wired ESP with the wrong DIP selection.
Also compatible With Eco Choice BA100
Fitment Note: There are multiple colors of ESP probes for Harman stoves. If your stove has a Black, White, or Yellow probe, this black probe is the correct replacement. If you have a Red ESP Probe, you require part 3-20-00844
Replacement For Part Numbers:
Click To See Compatible Models
UPC #: 652174647279