Install Instructions For Harman Control Board for Pellet Stoves and Inserts w/Touchscreen: 1-00-05372
Harman's Easy Touch Controller is pre-programmed for your stove model from the factory. When ordering a new motherboard, the installer will need to program the controller to run your particular stove model. Most stoves and inserts with this controller made prior to 2019 are not going to be 2020 Certified and will have a different SKU than later models that are 2020 compliant.
To program the controller you will need to find the specific TC model SKU. Look in your copy of your Owners manual you got with the stove or download a new .PDF owner's manual from Harman's Website. and scroll to the service parts section. At the top of this section you will see a list of all stove model SKUS. The below example is from an XXV-TC.
(SEE IMAGE BELOW) The first three numbers which I marked in red is the SKU for a stove/ insert. Numbers 4-9 are the model specific SKU numbers. The last number denotes the color of the unit. You'll also notice that there are manufacturing dates for each model and the yellow section you will see has a number "1" as the last digit for the latest models. This denotes that the these models are 2020 Certified.
All new TC controllers we sell will have the latest firmware installed. If you get a motherboard that is not up to date, you will need to follow the .PDF UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS listed here to download Harman's latest firmware patch.
To program the the stove model SKU follow these steps:
- From the home screen, go to DIAGNOSTICS.
- Scroll to page 6/6
- In the bottom right corner of the screen there is a hidden button in the empty space, touch your finger there.
- A screen will pop up that says ENTERING DEALER AREA and it will ask you for a code.
- The code is 1979
- Confirm that you want to enter.
- Top right of MENU will say "Model Programming", press this button
- An input menu will appear with the first three number already listed as 190, you need to input the the next 5 numbers from your stove model SKU.
- If you get a screen that says "Model Not Found", you will need to update the firmware and restart this process.
- If the model SKU was found it will ask you to confirm, then exit out of the dealer area.
NOTES: IF YOU HAVE THE LATEST BURNPOT REVISION FOR THE ABSOLUTE43 OR THE ACCENTRA INSERT 52i-TC that is installed in a pre-2020 certified stove, you will need to reprogram the model number of your stove for it to burn correctly.
- You can verify the software update by going to Diagnostics page 5/6 which should coincide with the revision number (Example: 16.02.02)
- Software updates may include added features, icons, or corrections
- Your settings and schedule (if set) will not be overridden during the software update process
- You can use any USB drive to download the firmware on but the Easy Touch Controller can only read a FAT or FAT32 file system. Reformatting your USB drive will erase everything that is on it.
- MAKE SURE THAT THE FIRMWARE UPDATE .ZIP IS EXTRACTED INTO IN A FOLDER ON THE USB NAMED "HarmanFW", EXTRACTED FILES OUTSIDE OF THE FOLDER WILL CAUSE A LOADING ERROR.