Assembly Instructions For
Hearthstone Wood Stove Baffle Board (Homestead 8570F/H): 3120-920-AMP
1) Remove the front door by lifting it straight up and off the hinges, with the hinge pins remaining in the door. Place the door face down (Use a soft surface for enameled doors).
2) Mark the air pipes in a way that you will be able to replace them once they are removed. Study the position of the stainless-steel baffle support (On top of the air pipes, near the front). This support, along with the pipes will need to be removed. Using the needle nose pliers, remove the cotter pin on the left side of the middle air pipe.
3) Insert a flat blade screwdriver in between the air pipe locking bracket and the secondary air manifold. Gently pry the locking bracket away from the manifold. This will disengage the two locating pins and allow the air pipe locking bracket to be removed.
4) Slide the air pipes to the left. You will now be able to drop the air pipes, and stainless-steel baffle supports down, and rest them on the stove floor.
5) Break out the existing ceramic baffle. If necessary, use a hammer and chisel to get the broken baffle free and out of the stove. The broken ceramic parts can be discarded. Clean the stove wall surface of cement where the new baffle will rest, using the chisel.
6) Slide one of the two new ceramic baffle pieces up into place, with the slightly tapered side to the back. (The angled cut should be in the center). Make sure this piece is all the way to one side. Slide the second piece up into place. Make sure the two baffle halves slide together, creating a good seal.
7) Reinstall the air pipes, air pipe locking bracket, and baffle support (A gentle tap with a hammer may be necessary to properly seat the pipe lock bracket). Insert the cotter pin into the middle air pipe and twist the ends with needle nose pliers.
8) Reinstall the front door.