Install Instructions For Hearthstone Clydesdale 8490/8491 Glass (22 7/8" x 12 5/16"): 3030-049
*The replacement ceramic glass may have a coating on one side. If so, make sure that this side is placed on the exterior, away from the firebox. *
1) To replace the glass, you will need to remove the door from the insert. Remove the door by opening it to about a 45-degree angle. While supporting the door, remove the bottom hinge pin and lift the door straight up until the top hinge pin clears the door hinge.
2) Place the door face down on a flat surface protected with cardboard or an appliance blanket.
3) Apply penetrating oil (PB Blaster) to the screws holding the glass prior to removal. Remove the screws and lift off the retaining frame.
4) Wearing work gloves, carefully remove the old glass from the door.
5) Take the new gasket and peel back the paper backing on the tape (a little at a time) and wrap it around the edge of the glass. The tape will overlap both the front and back sides of the glass. Trim if there is excess.
6) Place the new glass back into the door and replace the frame.
7) Put the door back onto the firebox and re-install the hinge pins.