'CLEAR AUGER' FUNCTION
The easiest way to clear an auger jam in a WiFIRE-enabled (D2) grill is to use the built-in Clear Auger Jam function.When the user runs a Clear Auger command from the menu, the auger turns backward at full speed for ten seconds, pauses for one second, turns forwards for twelve seconds, pauses for one second, and repeats until the user cancels the operation from the menu.
- Remove your grill grates, drip tray and heat baffle.
- Clean out the firepot, vacuuming out any ash buildup.
- Empty the hopper. If the pellets are swollen from moisture, discard the pellets.
- navigate to Menu > Auger > Clear Auger.
- Once the auger is clear, select Cancel on your controller.
- Replace the heat baffle, drip tray and grill grates.
- Refill the hopper with fresh pellets.
IF 'CLEAR AUGER' DOES NOT WORK
If the Clear Auger function does not clear out the pellets successfully, or if the auger will not move, you will need to clear the Auger jam manually. 4
To clear an auger jam manually, you will need to access the auger motor. If you need assistance understanding how to access the motor, please contact Customer Service.
How to Clear an Auger Jam Manually
- Remover the lower panel underneath the hopper. This allows access to Auger Motor.
- Remove the 4 bolts holding the Auger Motor to the grill frame.
- Loosen the small screw that locates the Auger bushing.
- Pull Auger, Motor, and Bushing out of the grill.
- Clean any debris from Auger.
Re-install the Auger Motor
- Put Bushing, Auger, and Motor back into the grill.
- Tighten the small screw that locates the Auger bushing.
- If the bushing is not lined up with the bushing retention screw, the auger gets jammed/pinched in the bushing and won't turn.
- Re-install the 4 bolts holding the Auger Motor to the grill frame.
- Re-install panel underneath the hopper.