Glass Care: The following usage and safety tips should be observed:
1. Inspect the glass regularly for cracks and breaks. If you detect a crack or break, immediately begin shutting down the unit. Do not operate the unit until the broken glass is replaced.
2. Do not slam the door. When closing the doors, make sure that no logs are protruding out too far. These items can impact the glass when closing the door.
3. Do not build fires against (or that might fall against) the glass.
4. Do not clean the glass with materials that may scratch (or otherwise damage) the glass. Scratches on the glass can develop into cracks or breaks during operation.
5. Never attempt to clean the glass while the unit is hot. If deposits are not very heavy, normal glass cleaners are adequate using a soft, non-abrasive cleaning pad. Heavier deposits may be removed with oven cleaners.
6. Never put substances that can ignite explosively in the unit. Even small explosions in confined areas can blow out the glass.