Assembly Instructions For
Heatilator Eco Choice Auger Feed Motor Part# 812-4421
This motor runs on line voltage which will be roughly 115v. The yellow square mounted to the motor assembly is a capacitor, which is used to flip the polarity of the motor if the motor is under strain from a jam. If this happens, the motor will temporarily reverse the spin the auger, freeing the jam, when the capacitor cools, the polarity will be restored to the correct direction and feeding will resume.
If your stove is not feeding but the motor is turning, you may be turning backwards.
- the capacitor will reverse polarity if the heat from the stove is warming the capacitor. Make sure the wires are hanging from the proper mounts and not hanging on top of the exhaust blower.
- When testing the auger, there MUST be at least 1lb of pellets in the hopper to close the pressure switch under normal conditions
If your stove will not feed:
- Unplug the appliance, remove the control box, re-install the control box, and plug the appliance back in. A blue light should blink once to six times. Verify these blinks against your stove and set the program accordingly. See Control Box Programming.
- Turn on stove, verify the exhaust blower is "ON"
- Turn on the thermostat - the thermostat indicator light should come on and feed cycle should start.
- If the feed system does not come on: – Check the vacuum switch – Check the hopper switch (if equipped) - Check the wire harness – Replace #2 snap disc.