Install Instructions For IronStrike Montage 32FS Convection Blower: H7309
Whether you are replacing the blower with the OEM part H7309 or our after market version H7309-AMP, the process for this repair is going to be the same.
The room blower or convection blower is located on the left side of the stove, directly behind the controller. You may be able to perform this repair entirely through the access panel on the left-side of the stove but for this video, we will remove the rear panel so you can have a clear view of the part locations.
Before performing ANY work to your stove, always unplug the stove from the power source prior to removing or opening any of the service panels.
If you want to spin your stove around for better access, you can disconnect the vent from the stove by removing the four 1/8” allan key screws that secure the appliance collar/ tailpipe to the stove. This is a recommended way to separate the vent from the stove because it preserves the seal on the vent. We sell additional gaskets, part # 61050016. This will accommodate both 3” and 4” venting connections.
- To remove the rear panel, locate the four 1/4” hex screws .that secure the panel. You only need to loosen them a few turns and then lift the panel over the screw heads.
- Looking from the rear, the blower is located on the right side.
- Against the back rail, locate the white power socket and disconnect it. Additionally, if there are any zip-tie fasteners securing the slack of the wire leading to the blower, make sure to cut those so the blower can be removed.
- Once the blower’s wire are free, locate the mounting screws for the blower. They will be at the base of motor’s mounting flange against the stove. There are 4 of them, one in each corner on the top an bottom and use a 1/8” Allan key fitting
- Because of the tight work area, a drive socket with. Long extensions is recommended. To avoid stripping the screws, always use hand tools to remove the screws.
- Once the screws have been removed, lift the blower out of the stove from the side panel. Because of the tight clearances, the blower will be taken out of the stove from the side service panel.
- Install your new blower into the stove
- When reconnecting, make sure to start each screw into the stove by hand so they do not become cross-threaded. Using your socket driver, tighten each screw by hand until snug
- Reconnect the wires into the power jack and make sure any loose wires from the blower are free and clear of any moving parts.
- Reattach the the rear service panel and tighten the four screws that secure the Rea panel.
- If you disconnected your stove from the vent, turn the stove back into position and secure the appliance collar back to the exhaust mount
- Plug in your stove and you’re done.