Install Instructions For Harman Touch Control, Touch Pad: 1-00-777552
If you are updating your Touchscreen controller you will will have to enter the Model SKU of your stove. Some stove models have multiple model SKU's depending on the manufacturing date of the model. Here are some helpful PDF instructions to help you do this. The SKU update shows you what info to enter, the Dealer Area shows you where to enter the info.
Easy Touch Control Model # SKU Update Instructions
Easy Touch "Dealer" Area Instruction Manual
Here are the pre-2019 model SKUS that were available at the time:
- Accentra 52i 20" - 1-90-584200
- Accentra 52i 22" - 1-90-584220
- Accentra 52i 24" - 1-90-584240
- Absolute 43 - 1-90-777000
- Absolute 63 - 1-90-999000
- XXV TC - 1-90-680000
- Allure 50 - 1-90-888000
In your Owner's Manual, in the back under Reference Material > Service Parts, (see image below), this is a list of all of the different model SKUs available for your unit. The snap shot image below is from an Absolute43-C Harman Owner's Manual (C is for 2020 Complaint), older Absolute 43 units made prior to 2020 will not have a "C" after the model name. This is a snap shot from section 4 (SERVICE PARTS), RED denotes a stove or insert; BLUE is the programming numbers that can be changed, GREEN is the number for the color of your stove or insert, YELLOW shows a number 1 in the 7th position which denotes 2020 Certification and the ORANGE number one is for stoves that are using the WIRELESS Temp Sensor.
Most touchscreen controllers come preprogrammed with all SKUs that existed at that time. If your model SKU is not listed you will need to update the touchscreen firmware, then change the SKU. Most times you will only be entering the Blue set of numbers. If you stove model came with or you are using the wireless room sensor, you may need to need to change the 7th and 9th position numbers according to what your owners manual has your stove model listed as. Below is an example for the Absolute43, other models may use different numbers.
To program the the stove model SKU follow these steps:
- From the home screen, go to DIAGNOSTICS.
- Scroll to page 6/6
- In the bottom right corner of the screen there is a hidden button in the empty space, touch your finger there.
- A screen will pop up that says ENTERING DEALER AREA and it will ask you for a code.
- The code is 1979
- Confirm that you want to enter.
- Top right of MENU will say "Model Programming", press this button
- An input menu will appear with the first three number already listed as 190, you need to input the the next 5 numbers from your stove model SKU.
- Input "777100" if you are not using the wireless room sensor. Enter "777101" if you are using the wireless room sensor.
- If you get a screen that says "Model Not Found", you will need to update the firmware and restart this process.
- If the model SKU was found it will ask you to confirm, then exit out of the dealer area.
- You can verify the software update by going to Diagnostics page 5/6 which should coincide with the revision number (Example: 16.02.02)
- Software updates may include added features, icons, or corrections
- Your settings and schedule (if set) will not be overridden during the software update process
- You can use any USB drive to download the firmware on but the Easy Touch Controller can only read a FAT or FAT32 file system. Reformatting your USB drive will erase everything that is on it.
- MAKE SURE THAT THE FIRMWARE UPDATE .ZIP IS EXTRACTED INTO IN A FOLDER ON THE USB NAMED "HarmanFW", EXTRACTED FILES OUTSIDE OF THE FOLDER WILL CAUSE A LOADING ERROR.